Well, with the honeymoon and so many family dinners and outings planned after wedding, one can’t rush to a parlour every time to get ready. Therefore, its important that you have all the necessary beauty products handy so that you can get ready at home.
And no, you don’t have to break the bank to make a beauty kit that would last you for good 6-12 months (some even more, based on your usage) as am sharing the products that would fit every budget and are easily available in the market as well as online.
So here’s my list of 10 beauty products that you must have in your bridal vanity kit :
- Concealer – A concealer that suits your skin tone and skin type the best can work as your makeup BFF in many ways. Not only it comes in handy to hide all imperfections or a pimple that strikes just on an important day, but can also cover dark spots and dark circles.
I rely on the Bobbi Brown concealer kit which is a heavy-duty concealer that you can trust for all the important occasions; while you can keep the Colorbar full cover makeup stick handy if you don’t want to carry concealers and primers with you.
- Foundation – A good foundation is one that blends well, gives the most natural finish and provides optimum coverage. If you have already found the foundation that works best on your skin, then you are good to go. Else, you can try the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup which might be a little heavy on the pocket, but is the best foundation I have ever tried
If you want a more reasonable option, you can try Oriflame‘s Giordani Gold Longwear Mineral foundation which is really light weight and provides decent coverage and is a part of my daily makeup routine.
- Blush – My favourite beauty product for face ever has to be a rosy blush, which not only instantly brightens the face but also brings life back to the face. Depending on your skin tone, choose a blush which gives you an instant flush of color and gives a natural glow.
My favourite blush is the MAC Peachykeen which is a pretty shimmery blush that adds a natural colour (a beautiful blend of peach and pink) to the cheeks and lasts all day. For a more reasonable option, you can pick Oriflame Giordani Gold Bronzing Pearls in shade Natural Radiance, which add a beautiful colour and radiance to the cheeks, and one pack will last you for more than an year’s usage.
- Setting Powder/Compact – A lot of us don’t think a setting powder is essential, but, once you have done your face makeup – a setting powder can help lock the concealer and foundation giving a smooth finish as it helps absorb excess oil and shine.
MAC Setting Powder and FACES mineral loose powder are my favourites as they are light and give a silky smooth finish to the face.
- Lipstick – Let’s come to my favourite beauty product that’s a lipstick, if you follow me on Instagram, you all would know about my lipstick-fetish (and the hundreds of lipsticks that I have). However, you really don’t need a lot many lipsticks if you are not a hoarder like me.
Invest in 3 good lipsticks in shades of red, nude and pink that match your skin tone, that will go well with most of your outfits. I will really recommend MAC Ruby Woo, MAC Mehr and NYX Soft Matte lip cream in Prague shade.
- Lip Balm – Summer heat can take a toll on the lips, especially if you wear lipstick every day. Therefore, its a must that you not only keep a go-to lip balm in your vanity kit but also in your handbag and apply it whenever you feel your lips are drying or are chapped.
I swear by the Body Shop shea lip butter which keeps lips hydrated and has a very mild nutty scent. Maybelline Baby Lips balm is also a good alternative.
- Eye Shadow Palette – I have come to realise that for a dressy look, your face is incomplete without eye makeup – even if you only go for a single shade on your eyelids. I would suggest picking a palette which has a mix of shimmery and matte eye shadows.
My favourites are the Makeup Revolution Girl Panic eye-shadow palette and Urban Decay Naked3 palette.
- Mascara – To accentuate your eyes for a dramatic effect, a mascara is an absolute necessity in your beauty kit. Whether you want length or volume, a mascara can totally up your beauty game.
I love the Maybelline Hyper Curl mascara for that volumising effect and Benefit They’re Real mascara for a beautiful lengthening effect.
- Eye-liner/Kajal – I think we all know the need of a Kajal as we have been applying it ever since our birth (well technically our mothers used to apply it on us to prevent us from evil eye) – but I have hardly come across anyone who doesn’t like a good ol’ Kajal.
You can pick a Kajal which works both as an eye-liner and kohl, just like the MAC Technakohl liner and L’Oreal Paris Kajal magique.
I recently picked this really cute rose gold brush kit from MAC Snow Ball limited edition collection which has three useful brushes in travel sizes. You can also pick a kit from Vega brushes that will fit the bill.
Other Essentials that you should definitely keep handy apart from the beauty products above are :
1. Facial Wipes/Blotting Paper
2. Nail Paint remover (Kara has these nail polish remover wipes that are quite easy to use and travel-friendly0
3. Moisturiser (pick a travel-friendly bottle that will fit in your handbag too)
4. Perfume (check out ZARA for their collection of mini perfumes that are reasonable as well have a great scent)
6. Small Mirror
7. Eye Brow Pencil or an Eyebrow Kit
Hope you enjoyed reading this post! You can catch up on the other posts from my bridal series HERE. And if you want me to share my experience on certain things that I missed out from my bridal diary, do let me know and I will surely pen it down.